Sunday, October 26, 2014

Punky-Wunkin Quilt Part 5 & KISMIF Linky Party 26

Okay, this is our last installment of the Punky-Wunkin Quilt.  I would LOVE to see your completed quilt projects.  Some have been shown on the ConnectingThreads blog "QuiltWithUs" and I love how cute they're turning out.  Please share your fabulous projects on my "Flickr Pool Modern Tradition Quilts".

As promised, today I am sharing how I quilted my wall hanging.  I used a small scale stipple in the back-ground of the blocks then customized the pumpkins.

My initial idea was to keep stippling in the sashing so that you could only view the pumpkins and leaves....but....several years ago I came up with this cute free-motion-quilt (FMQ) pumpkin and decided to customize the sashes.



To view a tutorial of the FMQ threadpath used to create the oak leaves, click HERE or visit the KISMIF Archive of Free-Motion Quilting Page on the navbar above.

So...how to FMQ those little pumpkins.  Give it a whirl, you'll be glad you did.  They are deceptively easy but look complicated--Keep It Simple And Make It Fun (KISMIF)!

Oh boy, here we go again, it's easier for me to FMQ these than to draw them out on the computer!  Oh well, you get the idea.
Thanks for participating in this year's quilt-a-long.  I hope you enjoyed it.  I am grateful for all of your positive compliments.  They have kept me going in a very discouraging part of my personal life.  I appreciate your support.  Sometimes I think I might give-up writing all of this, but readers and comments make it worth-while.

Here is another way I made the FMQ pumpkin.  Instead of adding leaves, a fun vine-swirl looks great and it is a cute thread-path to use to work into another area of the quilt.



Now it's your turn, what have you worked on?  Keep It Simple & Make It Fun (KISMIF 26).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!