Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Two New Quilt Patterns Ready For Download

Hello All!  I'm excited to share with you two more quilt patterns that are ready for download on Craftsy & Etsy.

The Spinning Pinwheel Quilt is made from a Moda Layer Cake and was first featured in FatQuarterly Issue #17.




The quilting on this project was challenging with all the fabrics' different thread colors.  Fortunately, the fabric all had a white base to it so I was able to use white thread.  I used a small scale stipple in all the blocks, regardless of piecing lines.  This was my first try with that and I really liked how it turned out.  the sashing was done using a meandering leaf vine & alternating swirls.



The "Eye Spy With My Little Eye" Quilt is made using scrap novelty fabric and was first featured in FatQuarterly Issue #16. 



This quilt was quilted using an edge-to-edge lasso pattern with free-hand 5 pointed stars to add interest.
I hope you like them and would enjoy making a quilt from one of these new patterns.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!